Saturday, February 11, 2012

mY rECent ReAd AlouD

I enjoy reading to my students and I feel that they enjoy being read to as welll. Last year, I read almost the entire series about Poppy from Avi. I love that series. I can't wait to read it next year to my upcoming 4th graders. This month I started reading Cricket in Times Square by George Selden. I have never read all of it just little excerpts from our reading anthologies. So we started reading it and I found an awesome website that has activities to go along with some of the chapters. This is where I am getting my inspiration for the different activities. Here is a LINK to it. Below are pictures of crickets that I had the students create. They created their own "pet" cricket. We used clothespins, pipe cleaners, markers, and tissue paper. The next day, they grabbed their crickets, and sat with them while I read a chapter from the book. So cute!


No comments:

Post a Comment

You can leave a comment..But creepy will be deleted!