Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Follow up to best ever classroom management system

Here is a little follow up to my best ever management system that I stole from here. A couple people asked what I do at the end of the day with the clips or even the week. Do I send notes home or track with a calendar? I keep track of the movement of their clip each day. I score their behavior below in a grid.
Outstanding 5
Good Work 4
Ready to Learn 3
Think about it 2
Teacher's Choice 1
Parent Contact 0

 A sample of my grid:

Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Sally
5
3
1
2
4
Junior
4
4
4
5
2

 I create a grid that documents their score daily (see above). Then I start everyone back at ready to learn. Kids like to be fresh each day anyways. After a whole of scores,  I add them up weekly. I figure that 15 points (as 3 points each day would be the minimum) meets my expectations and that those students are really doing a fine job.  With anyone below fifteen points, I try to see what the student’s struggle is or maybe they were distracted by another. I may move them for the next week to the front. Sometimes they might just need extra praise and I try to praise and notice the little things about a student that might have scored lower for the next week.

This year, I am going to start give out little certificates of praise to go home to parents. that are the size of business card.
I have to tell you this system works wonders on giving a citizenship grade or even discussing behavior at conference times.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You can leave a comment..But creepy will be deleted!